Location: Australia or New Zealand with time required in Sydney and Auckland and the right to work in base location.
Closing date: 20th September 2021.
ChildFund Sport for Development's programs provide children with opportunities to play, learn and grow. Using integrated sport and life skills learning, young people from vulnerable communities are equipped to overcome challenges, inspire positive social change and take active leadership roles within their communities. Under ChildFund Australia’s guidance, all Sport for Development programs contribute to achieving gender equality, reducing inequality, and ending violence against children, reflecting targets within the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Sport for Development (S4D) Business Development and Events Lead is responsible for: (i) maximising the impact of rights and benefits for a partnership for Rugby World Cup 2021, playing in 2022 in New Zealand; (ii) securing additional event partnerships; (iii) growing the breadth and depth of corporate partnerships and; (iv) growing community and peer to peer fundraising. You will contribute to the S4D Leadership Team.
Rugby World Cup 2021, Playing in 2022 Partnership
- Negotiate relationships relating to event rights and benefits provided to ChildFund under the partnership including event assets, collateral, broadcast and digital;
- Work in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders to maximise digital and communications footprint and to ensure planning and implementation of partnership activities and events are aligned with overall event planning processes;
- Manage, regularly update and coordinate the project work plan and budget across workstreams including event fundraising and activations in the community ensuring that colleagues are clear on tasks and timeframes;
- Ensure the delivery of agreed fundraising, profile, brand and commercial activations linked to the event;
- Represent ChildFund’s expertise with a focus on liaison with the event delivery team.
- Plan and deliver on existing major event partnerships and partnership opportunities;
- Position ChildFund for sporting event partnerships through existing networks and the leveraging of new networks.
- Build corporate sponsorship partnerships for ChildFund Sport for Development;
- Work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure planning and implementation of corporate activities are aligned in overall planning processes;
- Provide relationship managements services, including reporting responsibility, for existing corporate partners;
- Leverage lead generation activities and populate pipeline with new business prospects;
- Manage and nurture existing corporate relationships to maximise engagement and revenue generation.
- Build community and peer to peer fundraising networks globally;
- Identify and activate community and peer to peer fundraising opportunities through global sporting networks;
- Manage and nurture existing community relationships to maximise engagement and revenue generation;
- Ensure fundraising complies with relevant international, national and state fundraising legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience in one of the fields of: fundraising, communication, public relations, media or corporate engagement;
- Proven experience in delivering major sport event-related projects within agreed timelines;
- Demonstrated experience in business development and new business acquisition with a track record in achieving revenue targets;
- Proven track record in partner engagement and internal communication;
- A natural networker with strong interpersonal skills, with a professional approach to build and maintain relationships;
- Strong project management skills with an attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing project budgets and risk management;
- Multi-tasker with an ability and willingness to be hands on across multiple disciplines.
You are expected to remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding and Sexual Exploitation, Abuse or Harassment (SEAH) risks and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child Safeguarding and Prevention of SEAH Policies.
- Excellent stakeholder manager and communicator;
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Outstanding written communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Flexible and able to adapt to different environments under pressure;
- High levels of IT literacy;
- Creative thinker and motivator;
- Effective under pressure, results-oriented and proactive.
ChildFund Sport for Development Team
Australia or New Zealand with time required in Sydney and Auckland and the right to work in base location
Full-Time to December 31, 2022
Sport for Development Director
Domestic and international travel required