PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
You will contribute to ChildFund PNG’s on-going work building a protective environment for children and young people through 3 key programmatic areas: child protection, social and emotional learning and gender-based programming. As Protection Program Manager, you will lead the planning, coordination, budget management and reporting of a portfolio of projects, as well as supervise monitoring and evaluation activities to demonstrate achievement of project outcomes, working closely with project officers to ensure high-quality project delivery. You will identify new opportunities and partnerships in the protection sector, be a member of the Senior Management Team and collaborate with other sector leads and technical staff within the ChildFund Alliance to advance ChildFund’s work.
- Responsible for all projects within the protection portfolio from supporting design through to implementation and evaluation;
- Manage a team of 6 staff who will be responsible for the effective implementation of all project activities in the field;
- Develop short and long-term work plans in line with the project documents, log frame, budget and oversee overall project progress;
- Develop quality assurance system and foster culture of accountability for performance and continuous improvement;
- Deal with any significant concerns, problems or failures and ensure immediate response and strategies to minimise the chance of reoccurrence;
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Oversee and track expenditure for projects and liaise closely with finance team;
- Provide leadership and professional development to staff and key partners;
- Represent ChildFund in key external meetings and forums including with National and provincial government, donors, civil society organisation and other key stakeholders;
- Stay up-to-date with trends, issues and research on child and youth development and effective youth engagement;
- Ensure compliance with CF policies and procedures;
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment risks, promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree/post-graduate qualifications in relevant discipline in development, education or youth/social work;
- Experience in prior senior management or program manager roles;
- Knowledge and experience of child rights, child and youth participation and child protection programming;
- Understanding of development sector work in the PNG context, activities and actors, with emphasis on child-focused development;
- Experience providing quality training and capacity building;
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent English language skills and willing to learn Tok Pisin (if not already a speaker).
- Stakeholder engagement, at government at sub- and national level preferred;
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Understanding of GBV and experience in gender -based programming;
- Experience of SEL competencies/ working in an education space;
- Established experience in peacebuilding and conflict mitigation.
Closing 12 October 2020