PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Bequest Executive you drive the development and growth of ChildFund Australia’s Philanthropy program with a focus on bequests. You identify, research, and cultivate existing and potential bequest prospects through extensive use of the supporter database, and by engaging individuals and key partners; you will also work closely with other members of the Marketing team, supporting events and campaigns as required.
- Plan and implement annual operational plans for Bequests to meet budget
- Work with the broader marketing team to support events and campaigns as required
- Manage relationships and the communications cycle with Bequest prospects, maintaining their commitment into the future through personal visits, letters, phone calls, cards, and special events as well as direct mail, advertising, online, events, telephone, and personal solicitation activities
- Liaise with solicitors as required to enable settling of an estate
- Represent ChildFund Australia on initiatives to promote the concept of bequests to the Australian public
- Manage a pipeline of confirmed and potential bequestors through a strategic stewardship program
- Advocate the importance and value of bequests within the organisation
- Promote and integrate gender equality, disability, and social inclusion into day-to-day work
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing bequests, high net worth individuals, foundations, and corporate entities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Australian philanthropic environment
- Ability to write compelling proposals and inspiring feedback reports, create a persuasive case for support and ‘make the ask’ in writing, in person or on the telephone
- Prior experience in non-profit organisations
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant business-related discipline
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Ability to edit copy and manage creative
- Experience managing Telemarketing and direct mail agencies
- Budget forecasting and monitoring experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Analytically sound and great understanding of how to improve fundraising using data
- Inspiring and pro-active with an ability to excite potential donors about making a lasting difference to the lives of children living in poverty
- A passion about independently managing and nurturing a bequests portfolio
Location: ChildFund Australia, Sydney Office Level 8, 162 Goulburn Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Open to interstate applications and will consider remote work arrangements for the right candidates outside Sydney.
Employment: Full Time
Reports to: Philanthropy Manager
Other Information: Must have full working rights in Australia.
Closing date: Monday 29th August, 2022
ChildFund Australia believes in a global community where children are safe and can reach their full potential. We take extensive steps to safeguard children in any work done by our people, i.e., our staff, volunteers and interns, supporters, partners, board members, ambassadors and suppliers. We strive to keep children safe through child safe practices, and rigorously ensure we prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of children and vulnerable people. As part of this commitment, all people working with us will undergo relevant background checks before joining ChildFund Australia.
In line with our values, diversity of people and ideas is critical to our work and our success at ChildFund Australia. We strive for a team culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive. Childfund is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for any vacancies.