PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Advisor for Child Protection, you ensure our programming has a child protection focus to enable children and young people to be safe, confident, and resilient and able to play a constructive role in an increasingly uncertain world. Working closely with the Senior Advisor for Child Protection, the International Programs Team, focal staff in Country Offices and partners in the Pacific, you will advance ChildFund Australia’s quality of programming on Child Protection.
- Enable high quality child protection programming in line with ChildFund’s Child Protection program approach
- Support project implementation, including quarterly reporting, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection projects
- Build capacity of ChildFund staff in Country Offices & at a project level in Child Protection
- Contribute to the development of high-quality curriculums and resources to be applied in Child Protection projects and staff or partner training
- Contribute to the development of grant submissions including writing concept notes and proposals in Child Protection and other program Sector areas
- Lead institutional child safeguarding including oversight for policy, training and procedure compliance including downstream partners across program sectors
- Support learning and collaborative initiatives across projects in the Pacific, Country Offices, regional staff and Alliance members to enable learning
- Promote and integrate gender equality, disability, and social inclusion into day-to-day work
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Social Work, Psychology, Community development)
- At least 3 years of experience in the delivery of child protection programs and services, community-based protection initiatives and/or social service development (international or domestic)
- Demonstrated experience in developing project & grant proposals related to child protection
- Experience in training and mentoring (adult education)
- Cross-cultural experience in a development or national context.
- Demonstrated experience in international development
or community development initiatives.
- Works effectively both independently and together with a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Exemplifies accountability & integrity
- Adaptable and works effectively with people from diverse backgrounds & in multicultural teams
Department: International Programs Team (IPT)
Location: ChildFund Australia, Sydney Office Level 8, 162 Goulburn Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Employment: Full time - 12-month parental leave cover
Reports to: Senior Advisor, Child Protection
Other Information: Must have full working rights in Australia.
Closing date: Monday 29th August, 2022
ChildFund Australia believes in a global community where children are safe and can reach their full potential. We take extensive steps to safeguard children in any work done by our people, i.e., our staff, volunteers and interns, supporters, partners, board members, ambassadors and suppliers. We strive to keep children safe through child safe practices, and rigorously ensure we prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of children and vulnerable people. As part of this commitment, all people working with us will undergo relevant background checks before joining ChildFund Australia.
In line with our values, diversity of people and ideas is critical to our work and our success at ChildFund Australia. We strive for a team culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive. Childfund is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for any vacancies.