PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Project Manager – Social Emotional and Learning, you will oversee the implementation of the Stopim Hevi, Kamapim Bel Isi Project focused on engaging with partners such as the Department of Justice and Attorney General, the Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) to build the capacity of Village Court Officials, the growing youth population and the local CSOs/CBOs in NCD, Morobe and Central Provinces to prevent, respond to and minimize the impacts of violence while strengthening a culture of Peace.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented on time and within budget
- Manage and track budgets according to donor and organizational requirements
- Prepare project progress reports including monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Support partner organizations in organizational capacity development
- Coordinate and liaise with implementing partners and stakeholders so as to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate activities to a high standard
Technical and leadership
- Identify capacity building needs for staff, partners and youth led advocacy group and provide support as required.
- Contribute to and support trainings and project initiatives around Child Protection, Peace building and Conflict Resolution
- Work with youths and partners to develop youth advocacy strategies at the community, sub-national and national levels
- Coordinate with Government partners in providing ongoing mentoring for the trained Village Court Officials in Central Province
- Provide ongoing support and advise to selected local CSOs/CBOs in the area of Gender Inclusion and initiatives to prevent, respond to and minimize the impacts Gender Based Violence
- Ensure compliance with CF policies and procedures
- Monitor good practices through youth and Village Court Officials learning forums
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Development or related field
- At least 5 years relevant experience working with INGO or relevant agency (including experience leading teams); experience working in the areas of child protection and family and sexual violence and in project implementation
- Understanding of PNG’s development context, activities and actors.
- Experience in participatory community development methodologies;
- Experience in facilitating meetings and delivering training and workshops.
- Experience in working with children/youth and community leaders.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of monitoring and evaluation.
- An understanding of European Union (EU) development policies in relation to development in PNG
- Experience in working with NGOs in cross-cultural setting.
- Develop training materials and guidelines.
- Experience in a middle management role
- Experience in working with NGOs/international development sector
- Sound analytical skills
- Responsive to change
- Strong project management skills
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Self-starter, strong organisational and planning skills
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively
in project areas
- Understanding development in country context and child-focused development programs
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Other Information: Appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of criminal background and reference checks.
You can view the full position description at www.childfund.org.au/work-with-us
Applications closing date: 29 July 2022