PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the project finance manager, you will manage day-to-day financial aspects of the Education Emergency Response and Recovery Plan (EERRP) project which ChildFund is implementing in partnership with PNG’s National Department of Education .The project finance officer will be responsible for supporting the project finance manager in ensuring timely payments, administrative field accounting, budget tracking and ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and ChildFund Policies.
- Preparation of project journals and posting to the accounting system as per the set standards
- Supports project finance manager in ensuring management and analysis of financials relevant to the project including proactive oversight and analysis of budgets and expenditures.
- Manage operational banking relations and correspondences with various parties of account payables and ensure payments are processed within the timelines.
- Keep tracking of invoices and purchase requisitions while ensuring all supplier/vendor accounts are reconciled on monthly basis.
- Manage the project cash advances schedule and ensure cash issued has been acquitted/liquidated within the required timelines and with adequate support documents.
- Working with the Finance officers in ensuring in month-end procedures, including project cost allocations, accruals and prepayments are accurately posted.
- Ensure that all implementing partners with financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with set finance procedures.
- Manage the filling and archiving of all financial documents relating to the project and provide support during project and institutional audits.
- Working with project officers in preparing and maintaining project asset register
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in accounting /Finance
- Strong desktop computing skills and accounting systems experience, ideally Sun Systems 5
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in project finance and managing multi donor funding and grants
- High level administrative and organisational skills, ability to prioritise heavy and varied workload and meet deadline for routine tasks whilst coping with the unexpected.
- Excellent work ethics (including attendance, timekeeping, meeting deadlines, respect for others and willingness to share information).
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or UN in cross-cultural setting.
Other Information: Appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of criminal background and reference checks.
CLOSING DATE: 20th January 2021