PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Head of Finance & Compliance and member of the country Senior Management Team you are responsible for maintaining robust financial management of all activities within ChildFund Australia’s operation in Timor Leste. Together with your team, you ensure all accounting operations are compliant with statutory regulations in Timor Leste, ChildFund and external donor’s policies & procedures. You ensure that ChildFund Timor Leste maintains the highest standard of accountability and integrity to its stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to finance team staff including their professional development
- Build capacity of finance team in order to provide training for partners/sub-grantees on grant financial management
- Drive ChildFund Timor Leste’s strategic planning
- Drive financial policy and procedure development and relevant trainings in your area of responsibility, including compliance issues and other matters as needed, ensuring a good level of knowledge of relevant policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure internal controls are adequate and fully comply with organisational policies and guidelines, statutory and donor’s requirements
- Manage the country budget process; develop and provide financial reports to the SMT to track the revenue and expenditures
- In interaction with the program team, contribute to grants applications, project budgets, financial reporting and compliance;
- Supervise daily financial tasks, payroll, partner project acquittals, month end accounts, annual statutory accounts audit and project audits
- Ensure appropriate financial management practices are in place in partner organisation and lead the due diligence, capacity assessment and financial capacity building process of local partners;
- Assist the Country Director with oversight of country risk management, respond to remerging risks and set up mitigation plan.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Accounting, Finance Management or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years working experience in accounting and financial management, at least 3 years in a managerial position
- Sound experience in budgeting and accounting
- Experience in staff management and capacity development of staff and partner organisations
- Good understanding of donor financial requirements, grants management and policy compliance standards
- Strong knowledge of local regulations
- Excellent computer literacy and experience with computerized information
- Proficiency in finance/accounting software, e.g. Sunsystem and Sage Intacct
- Experience in developing and implementing finance policies and procedures
- Experience working in INGO; Experience with capacity building of local partner organisations.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
- Strong leader and role model
- supporting others in achieving their goals
- Encourage initiative and continuous improvement in the finance function
- Strong coordination skills & high attention to detail
- Ability to build sound working relationships, in and outside of the organization
Outstanding analytical skills & ability to problem solve